Recipe with nutritional notes (energy, fat, carbohydrate and mineral content).
Beef with charred aubergines
- 2 aubergines
- 15ml/1tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 fresh red chilli, chopped
- 12oz/350g minced beef
- 30ml/2tbsp fish sauce
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Place the aubergines under a hot grill. Turn them over from time to time, until the skin is charred all over. Put the aubergines into a plastic bag to sweat for a few minutes.
- Chop the aubergines rougly on a board.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Stir in the garlic and chilli and fry until golden. Add the minced beef and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the fish sauce and the aubergines, cook gently, stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes, until the meat is tender.
- Season with pepper and serve with a salad.
Energy 251kcal, Protein 27.2g, Carbohydrate 7.2g, Fat 12.8g (of which saturates 2.9g), Cholesterol 75mg, Calcium 29mg, Fibre 3g, Sodium 87mg.