At first, you have to make a dough:
To prepare an yeast dough you will need:
1. 1lb/450 g white flour
2. 2 tsp instant (7 g) yeast
3. 3 oz (75 g) sugar
4. 7 fl oz (200 ml) warmed milk
5. 1 oz (25 g) melted butter
Add the milk and melted butter. Mix to a soft dough. Knead on a floured board for 10 minutes. Leave to prove until double in size.
Divide the dough into 26 pieces.
- From each piece roll a long stripe.
- 6 stripes set aside, from others braid a rug, as shown in the picture.
- Grease a heat-resistant dish with butter and lay the rug on the top.
- Braid 2 strings of the remaining stripes, with one rim the basket, another put in the baking tray.
- Brush the basket and string with lightly whisked egg.
- Bake at 190C/ 375F/Gas Mark 5 for 30 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Melt 2 oz dark chocolate. With the chocolate grease the basket from inside and with chocolate attach string, forming a handle.
Here you can see step by step instruction of making a pastry basket.