- 4.5 oz (125 g) butter
- 4 oz (100 g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.5 oz (125 g) self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 oz (50 g) desiccated (shredded) coconut
- 4 oz (100 g) white icing and small sweets for decorating eyes and bunny's egg.
- Grease a bunny pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and caster sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sieve the self raising flour, bicarbonate of soda and coconut into the creamed mixture and fold in gently, using a metal spoon.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared cake pan and level the surface with the back of a spoon or a knife.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4, for 45 minutes until the cake is firm to the touch when pressed with a finger.
- Turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Decorate with the icing.