Ingredients for crust:
- 380 g/13 oz/1 package Graham crackers
- 100 g/3.5 oz/7 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Ingredients for filling:
- 750 g/26 oz/3 packages Ricotta cheese
- 250 ml/1 cup/8.5 fl oz double cream, whipped
- 4 eggs, medium
- 200 g/7 oz/1 cup caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 200 C/400 F/Gas Mark 6
- Pulse the Graham crackers in a food processor or blender until finely ground. Put crackers in a large bowl, and stir in the melted butter. Put the Graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of the pan. Gently press down on the crumbs using your fingers, until the crumbs are a nice even layer at the bottom of the pan, with maybe just a slight rise along the inside edges of the pan. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 180 C/350 F/Gas Mark 4
- Using electric beater, beat the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and creamy. Add the Ricotta cheese, beat until smooth, soft and creamy. Add the whipped double cream, beat for 2 minutes more.
- Pour the Ricotta cheese filling into the pan, over the Graham cracker bottom layer. Smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off the heat of the oven. Crack open the oven door 1-inch, and let the cake cool in the oven, as the oven cools, for another hour. This gentle cooling will help prevent the cheesecake surface from cracking.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours, or overnight.